The SCC Plugin for WordPress allows users working within a WordPress based CMS system to connect directly to an SCC MediaServer digital asset management system.
The SCC plugin attaches automatically to the WordPress rich text editor interface which can be enabled for both post and page WordPress media types. When the SCC plugin icon is clicked the user is prompted to login to the SCC system using the same credentials provided to them for use with standard SCC client applications.
Users are able to perform searches for photo, graphic and video objects stored within the SCC MediaServer system with results displayed in a scrollable grid. Clicking on any result object will display a large preview with any textual metadata stored for that object displayed in the fields below.
The selected object can be imported into the WordPress library for later placement, or alternatively imported and placed simultaneously into the active WordPress post or page document.
The SCC WordPress plugin provides options for importing either the original SCC high-resolution file, or the SCC preview image that is automatically generated for every object inserted into an SCC MediaServer system. The use of the preview image can be an advantage whenever the high-resolution file format is not supported by a web browser, EPS, PDF or RAW digital camera formats for example.
SCC WordPress Plugin Features
- Supports search and access of photos, graphics and video objects stored within an SCC MediaServer asset management system.
- User access to SCC objects is controlled by the same login permissions used with standard SCC client applications.
- Allows the import of either the original high-resolution file or the SCC generated preview image.
- Options to automatically generate a WordPress caption or tooltip using metadata stored for each object in the SCC MediaServer system.
- Options to set autoplay and/or autoloop for placed video objects.
- Selected objects can be imported only into the WordPress media library, or both imported and placed simultaneously into the active WordPress post or page document.