The SCC Brightcove Interface adds both upload and download channel types to the SCC MediaFactory workflow engine, allowing a real-time bi-directional connection between the SCC MediaServer Digital Asset Management (DAM) system and the Brightcove video portal.
The SCC Brightcove Upload channel allows audio/video assets contained within SCC MediaServer systems equipped with SCC's Video Support Module, to be selected, either manually or automatically, and delivered to the Brightcove portal. Once transferred these assets can be subsequently linked to web pages created and edited within a 3rd party web authoring system such as the Wordpress CMS.
Previews and metadata generated and attached to the audio/video asset during initial ingest into the SCC MediaServer system, e.g. metadata inherited automatically as part of SCC's budgets/assignments workflow, and/or metadata generated automatically using SCC's artificial intelligence (AI) functionality (speechtext transcript, closed caption subtitles, facial recognition, feature detection, and objectionable content tagging) can be transmitted with each audio/video asset into the Brightcove video portal.
The SCC Brightcove Download channel allows SCC MediaServer systems equipped with SCC's Video Support Module to connect to a Brightcove video portal in order to continually retrieve and download audio/video assets meeting pre-configured criteria (age, matching metadata values etc.) in order to provide automated archiving of Brightcove content into the SCC MediaServer Digital Asset Management (DAM) system.
SCC Brightcove Interface Features
- Creates a bi-directional connection between the SCC MediaServer system and the Brightcove video portal.
- Allows SCC previews and metadata (speechtext transcript, closed captions, artificial intelligence (AI) tagging), to be transferred to the Brightcove portal.
- Supports multi-part transfers, which significantly reduce the transmission time for large video assets.
- Allows automated download and import of audio/video assets from Brightcove into the SCC MediaServer system.
- Dynamic updates to SCC MediaServer asset metadata when changes are made to those assets in the Brightcove video portal.